Flattr now open for everyone!

If you thought we were just a bunch of lazy guys hanging out at the beach all day drinking rum cocktails with tiny pink umbrellas. Well, you thought right. But we do manage to put in some work between the drinks and today we are happy to announce what some of you already know. We are now in open beta!

The road has been long and hard but we are finally there, and we are really excited about it! Just look how happy it made Linus! :)

But that is not all, we took the time to improve a few things as well:

• No more invites, anyone can join!
  • New design, some changes to freshen up the site in general.
  • Facebook integration, publish your new things and what you flattr to your facebook feed.
  • Facebook Application, you can now show your Flattr things on your Facebook profile.
  • Twitter integration, publish your new things and what you flattr to your Twitter feed.
  • Better user experience, improved sign-up process and dashboard.
  • New JavaScript API, complete revamp.

We love what we do and we love that you love what we do and we love you!

Comments Permalink  // Comment RSS-feed
Facebook Twitter Digg

43 Responses to Flattr now open for everyone!

1. Uwe says:

Well done! I’ll try to convince all my friends and co-workers, to sign up to flatter, too.

2. Osama Khalid says:

That’s good. Looking forward to identi.ca (and StatusNet in general) integration.

P.S. did you notice?
    Twitter integration, publish your new things and what you flattr to your *facebook* feed.

3. Congrats!

With twitter integration you mean publishing to the twitter feed, right?

Otherwise: How about identi.ca integration (like twitter, but free software)?

4. Michael says:

Great job guys!

This might change the internet in general. A little bit for sure :)

5. Raoul says:

Great work and I look forward that flattr will have a broader audience in the future.

6. Chris says:

identi.ca please! And maybe a support for some anonymous payment system would be great…I recommend Paysafecard.

7. Pingback: Flattr, la plateforme sociale de micro-paiement enfin ouverte | Yop Concept

8. Hmm says:

Isn’t flattering a flattr kind of redundant considering that everybody using it already payed 10% fee when depositing the money? :)

Just a thought …

9. Valerio says:

Fantastic!!! Really do hope it’ll become what everyone deserve!

10. Pingback: How to make 110.28 EUR in one month with free software and Flattr | apt-get install debian-wizard

11. addo says:

Great! Now, identi.ca integration would be great:)

12. Pingback: Der Standardleitweg

13. Walter says:

Well done!

I’ve been testing Flattr for a couple of months now and I think it picked up quite some momentum! There’s many reviews now also overseas and not only in the German speaking blogosphere…

14. Pingback: Flattr opens to the public, now anybody can ‘Like’ a site with real money

15. Pingback: Flattr Out of Closed Beta, Open to All | Evil Genius Chronicles

16. iss says:

Yay!

identi.ca +1

17. Ales says:

Great improvement! Congratulations for this micropayment idea. This is really fresh and fair bussines model. I like it.

One question: I can not find my submitted things on Flattr, niether through Search. What is happening?

18. Pingback: flattr open beta | schorleblog

19. silver says:

i guess you can handle it: “stay updated” sounds better than “keep updated” in my eyes.

a nice idea and service!

20. Pingback: Wäre auch nett: Flattr-Bürgermeister | Leander Wattig

21. Pingback: Flattr: Alles ist möglich » netzwertig.com

22. Pingback: Flattr für jedermann at webCONSUL

23. Pingback: Flattr Now Open for Everyone | danielmiessler.com

24. Sukrim says:

I wait for a different kind of Facebook integration: I don’t want to spam people about what I have flattred but I want to give & receive flattrs for posts etc. on Facebook (similar to the “like”- buttons there).

25. Christian says:

Great! Now did you also stop forcing people to use Darth Paypal? Recently got a “Did you forget us” mail. No I didn’t. I was just disappointed that I couldn’t pay you without selling my soul.

26. Pingback: Lesenswerte Artikel 13. August 2010

27. John says:

I don’t see a link to a signup form, or even a single link to your website on this blog!? Am I missing something?

Seems like that would drive better traffic than making people type “flattr.com” into their browser….

28. Pingback: CARTA

29. Pingback: Flattr, la novita’ da non sottovalutare « Idl3's Blog

30. S says:

Nice!

This post is going to get traffic from people who don’t know what flattr is, so you should really link to the frontpage or describe it here!

31. Pingback: D'wald » Soziale Bezahlplattform Flattr jetzt offen für alle

32. Maschinist says:

Open Beta now – woot !

Lets see if people decide to Flattr some of their hard earned money to the community/blogs they like.

33. Don Vito says:

wunderbar! die kommunistische partei nord koreas freut sich auf eure devisen!

34. Pingback: Anonymous

35. Pingback: Peter Sunde und Linus Olsson öffnen “Flattr” für jedermann :: Fast-Load.de

36. links suck says:

Do links suck so much that Leif doesn’t post one to the site he’s mentioning?
    A link really wouldn’t hurt, you know…. :-/

37. Pingback: Flattr mach’s nun mit jedem « project-LEV

38. Pingback: Kalingeling-Rückschau: Woche 32 « Kalingeling – Verdienstkonzepte im Netz

39. DeeJay1 says:

Another one for identi.ca ;)

40. Pingback: Flattr: microdonations rock! | HCoder.org