We’re looking for a talented community manager to join us and, well, manage our community. You’ll find a proper job spec below. If this is you, get in touch, if not but if you know someone awesome, please spread the word.
Community & Social Media Manager
We’re looking for an energetic, dynamic, proactive and diligent community manager with a sense of humour and “joie de vivre” when it comes to all things web/online and Flattr. This position would be based in London or Malmö.
The Community Manager will be responsible for recruiting, building and maintaining relationships with our users and partners, as well as important online influencers, both on and off our site.
- Grow our user community across several countries (geographies or languages) and niche categories, for example, photojournalists, independent authors, crafters, comic artists, food bloggers etc.
- Define and execute the strategy for achieving this (engagement of existing users and recruitment of new users) in a scalable, yet genuine and engaging way
- Oversee all community communication, including editorial (blog) content and social media, and develop a mix of user generated content, syndicated material and original content for our different outlets
- Establish, lead and manage a team of interns or junior community liaisons
- Own and monitor all of the various social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Quora, Hackernews, etc.) to communicate with Flattr users, influencers and partners – and recruit new ones
- Basic reporting of social media metrics, challenges and key issues
- Create and manage online and offline events
- Manage localisation of Flattr’s social media activities
- Ensure consistent Flattr voice while encouraging a range of sentiments and opinions within the community
- Other responsibilities as mutually agreed to support Flattr’s continued growth
- Previous community building & management experience
- Outstanding written communication skills, attention to detail
- Team player with leadership and excellent interpersonal skills
- Active online and social media user, having own blog is a big plus
- Native-level English skills, command of other languages is a plus
- Basic understanding of web infrastructure and capabilities
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently, and work effectively under regular pressure in a constantly evolving environment
- Readiness to travel between offices, and other international travel
- Has a ‘thing’ for startup environment
- Comfortable with distributed and multinational team
- Not an asshole or corporate-type (that’s our policy, we can talk about other things)
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful, even with limited resources ie. tendency to take on ownership and get sh*t done
- Motivated by doing great work and disrupting some outdated systems in the process
To apply, please send your CV (or link to an online profile such as LinkedIn) and a brief explanation on why you’d make a good team member to jobs (at) flattr (dot) com.