The headline kind of says it all, doesn’t it. Germany is our biggest single market and we just love the enthusiasm and support of the community there. The trouble is, we have only about 20 cumulative years of studying German language between the 12 people in our team. This means we’re getting lost in translation in both directions, and we can’t be as helpful to our German speaking users and partners as we’d like to be.
We now want to hire someone to come help us look after that market. And though “country manager” sounds very official and corporate, it’s also very descriptive (and actually not corporate at all, trust us). So here’s the deal:
Country Manager – Germany
We’re looking for an energetic Country Manager who likes to get stuff done, knows the German online landscape like the back of his or her hand and who has a “thing” for startups and Flattr. This position would be based in Berlin, but expect to travel to Malmö and London, too.
The Country Manager’s main focus is building and maintaining relationships with our partners in Germany.
- Manage the relationship with our existing partners, and find lots of new partners to add Flattr buttons.
- Support our partners in reaching their objectives with Flattr, help them use our partner API and promotion tools.
- Keep an eye on German-language media and social media, work with the Community team to ensure we pick up important signals and that our message gets out there.
- Help to create and manage online and offline events.
- Participate in localisation and adaptation of Flattr’s communication.
- Other responsibilities as mutually agreed to support Flattr’s continued growth.
- Previous business development experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player with leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Native-level German skills, and good command of English.
- Basic understanding of web infrastructure and capabilities.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently, and work effectively under regular pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Readiness to travel between offices, and other international travel.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Comfortable with distributed and multinational team, and being “on the road” alone most of the time.
- Not an asshole or corporate-type (that’s our policy, we can talk about other things)
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful, even with limited resources ie. tendency to take on ownership and get sh*t done.
- Prefers startup environment over corporate, doesn’t wear ugly ties.
- Doesn’t take life or himself/herself too seriously. This is not an easy role by any means, but it’s important to have fun, too.
To apply, please send your CV (or link to an online profile such as LinkedIn) and a brief explanation on why you’d make a good team member to jobs (at) flattr (dot) com.